You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Air Concepts of Middle Georgia have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the new temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Air Concepts of Middle Georgia technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 478-200-5689.