Having regular air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Milledgeville and Middle Georgia season, have the specialists at Air Concepts of Middle Georgia complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Concepts of Middle Georgia today at 478-200-5689.