When it’s cold in Middle Georgia you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Air Concepts of Middle Georgia.
1. Your furnace is loud. You may have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and close off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The pros at Air Concepts of Middle Georgia will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.