Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Air Concepts of Middle Georgia will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Air Concepts of Middle Georgia at 478-200-5689 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.