Everyone has to deal with a clogged drain at one point or another. It’s a common if not irritating problem that can happen anywhere in your plumbing. Depending on where, you might not realize how bad a clog is. It can make it tougher to know when it’s time to call for a plumber in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia.
You may be able to determine for yourself how bad the clog is. Check nearby drains or listen for unusual sounds coming from your pipes. These might be signs pointing to where the clog began. When you find it, you’ll have to figure out if you should call a plumber or not. The following info may help you make a decision.
When Does a Clog Need a Pro Plumber?
There are many things that affect the seriousness of a clog in the plumbing. The info you have about a possible clog could lead a Air Concepts of Middle Georgia plumber to its source sooner.
- Where is it? One of the most important aspects of a clog is where in your plumbing it appeared. Most of your home’s pipes are in tucked-away places like behind walls and under floors. Some clogs may need special equipment to reach in the first place.
- Can water flow? If the pipes are still draining, you may be able to tackle the clog on your own. But if a fixture or appliance is completely backed up, it’s probably safer for a professional plumber to take a look.
- What created the clog? Some substances can have a bigger effect on your plumbing. Simple organic waste like coffee or hair is unpleasant but typically easy to clean out on your own. Other materials like sewage can be much more difficult (and maybe even risky). Taking care of these clogs will need more steps and the experience of a pro.
Where Can Clogs Form in My Plumbing System?
Unfortunately, there aren’t many places in your plumbing clogs can’t form. We use our plumbing for so many tasks like cleaning, cooking and laundry. A clog can form near the appliances and fixtures we use or within the pipes themselves.
- Bathroom Clogs: Your toilet, sink and shower can all clog. If your bathroom drain is clogged, the culprit is usually hair. Taking care of a clogged sink drain, clogged tub drain or clogged shower drain can be as easy as removing the clogged hair. It’s fast, if a little gross. Other times, a hair-clogged drain can turn into a clogged drain deep in the pipe. In this instance, you may need professional help.
- Kitchen Clogs: Your kitchen sink and dishwasher are the most common places for a clog to appear. Is your kitchen drain clogged? Use the garbage disposal properly to be certain food waste doesn’t collect. But if the disposal itself is clogged, don’t reach into it! The blades can cause injury.
- Laundry and Clogs. Plumbing close to the washing machine can clog, particularly if lint traps aren’t working like they would usually. Other washing machine clogs can be a result of laundry soap and grease stains on clothes.
How to Clear a Clogged Drain
If it’s a small clog, you may be able to resolve the problem by yourself. Unclogging doesn’t always need special equipment. In fact, sometimes it’s as straightforward as grabbing the plunger. Here are some tips for DIY drain maintenance!
- Mesh or mindfulness goes a long way. Using mesh filters or other traps for sink drains can keep foreign materials out of your plumbing. Keep an eye on what you’re bringing to your kitchen or bathroom sink. If it’s something that can clog, try to safely break it down.
- Know what shouldn’t be flushed. Things like baby wipes, cooking grease and potato peels aren’t supposed to be put in the drain. Dispose of them properly to keep your plumbing in the best possible condition.
- Always try your trusty plunger. Even if a leak appears bad, your plunger is a simple and efficient tool. Give your plunger a go before you call for professional help.
- Other home remedies can help. Did you know there’s a clogged drain home remedy? You can try to unclog your drain with baking soda and vinegar. We don’t suggest using store-bought liquid drain openers, since these toxic chemicals can corrode your pipes.
Tried these tips but still have a problem? Call us at 478-200-5689 for fast and affordable drain cleaning in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia.
Call Air Concepts of Middle Georgia for Fast and Effective Plumbers in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia
Keeping your home’s plumbing in good condition is important to everyone at Air Concepts of Middle Georgia. Our plumbers are committed to providing you with the best plumbing service in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia. If you need quality drain cleaning services, we’ve got you covered.
We have the tools and training to get the job done right. For pro plumbing services, call Air Concepts of Middle Georgia today. Get in touch to request more info or to schedule an appointment. Call us today at 478-200-5689!