Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Air Concepts of Middle Georgia consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace it per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Air Concepts of Middle Georgia in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia at 478-200-5689 today.