During the cold Middle Georgia months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Air Concepts of Middle Georgia will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Air Concepts of Middle Georgia as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Air Concepts of Middle Georgia can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Air Concepts of Middle Georgia at 478-200-5689 or schedule an appointment with us online.