As warmer weather rolls around, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia? Especially if your air conditioning system is newer or was working just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to schedule any service for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system examined yearly by a Air Concepts of Middle Georgia technician can help locate little problems before they turn into major breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly decrease your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a professional to take care of intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect inside your equipment can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling expenses and over the years, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint small troubles before they become major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine pieces and perform a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to find problems before they become major problems that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free operation throughout the summer. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is set to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your unit is open to premature failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should involve a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the following spots and parts:
- Total unit order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Now with Air Concepts of Middle Georgia
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Air Concepts of Middle Georgia pros a shout at 478-200-5689 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching service.