As springtime begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia? Particularly if your cooling unit is newer or was running good last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your system checked yearly by a Air Concepts of Middle Georgia tech can help spot little issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy needs—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps spot little issues before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine pieces and complete a series of AC performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into major issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Right Away with Air Concepts of Middle Georgia
This week is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Air Concepts of Middle Georgia pros a call at 478-200-5689 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.