No matter what your HVAC questions are, the pros at Air Concepts of Middle Georgia in Milledgeville and Middle Georgia have answers. Whether you have questions about selecting new HVAC equipment to best practices on care and maintenance, we can assist. Our online FAQs answers give you a rapid response for your convenience, but if you want to know more on any topic, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 478-200-5689.
Additionally, new furnaces are created to work with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers offer your heating system an extra bump so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help reduce noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family’s airflow needs.
- Making certain that your system receives ongoing maintenance by a trained expert can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only specific areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that aren’t used.
- Having a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you need when you’re home and increase or decrease the temperature while you’re not around, helping you save on energy bills.
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home with lots of air pollutants floating around. So, to improve IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least once a week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is ideal for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it harder for airborne pollutants to escape. We have products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and routine cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and eliminating particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We suggest that you meet with one of the experts at Air Concepts of Middle Georgia and have them evaluate your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you determine which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Can frost, ice, dirt or other debris keep the outdoor unit of my cooling system from operating effectively?
Of course we think you should also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are intended to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren’t paired with the other piece as a whole system, efficiency can suffer.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These advances most importantly include better heating and cooling efficiency, but also include improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old normally need to be replaced. Not only do they have outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than more recent models. Getting a new indoor unit at the same time means you’ll have a matched system to provide you with even more comfort and efficiency for years to come.
- Is your system typically maintained? Whether it’s a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will operate more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Do you need a zoning system? If there are rooms in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Have you installed a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may reduce your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.